Skip to content

OnePlaceDocs (Desktop)

14 results found

1. Expand the width of any column in Save to SharePoint window

Currently, it is not possible to expand the width of any column in Save to SharePoint window. For example we have a library column (type :dropdown list). Values are long and user cant see the entire value to pick

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Query  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hyperlink from "Insert from SharePoint" breaks when copy/pasted into Word

Hello,

One of our internal customers was copying text from an email that contained links that someone had inserted using "Insert from SharePoint" (as link) into a Word document. However, we have discovered some odd behavior when you click the link to open the document...

When links are inserted into an email using OnePlace, they are formatted as follows

http://[server name]/site/gallerymuseum/_layouts/15/DocIdRedir.aspx?ID=UA6W2YUDAPZ7-11-591

I have checked, and copy/paste does not change the link at all. When you click on the pasted link, it opens the correct document, but you notice that the document name is not as it should be. The name…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OnePlaceDocs addin keeps disappearing from office ribbon

Hi Support,

We have a very common issue with our users where the oneplacedoc addin will disappear out of the users outlook/word/excel/powerpoint 2013 and I will have to get them to go into the COM add-ins to readd the add-in. Why does this keep happening and is there a permanent solution to this?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bluebeam Plugin

There are a lot users within our organization that use Bluebeam as their preferred PDF editor. The one downside is the lack of a OnePlaceDocs plugin. Is there any way to add the plugin to Bluebeam?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Search" SharePoint for document name when site is chosen and fill out metadata

When you want to re-save or update an file that is already in sharepoint with OPS you have to tagg the document all over. OPS should silently search the site for "name already exist" and then add the metadata already lying on the document that has the same name for fast and easy to make a new version.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Button translation

Hi,

I have installed OPM 7.2 on my pc before deploying to 600 users, and I work on the config_update.xml file.

I saw that we could translate few buttons like "Save to sharepoint" (Home_SaveToSharePoint) for Excel/Word/Powerpoint, but I would like to translate the "Explore and Open" button too but I do not find the information.

Could you please explain me how to translate the "Explore and Open" button for Excel/Word/Powerpoint ?

And also the "Explore" button in Outlook ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Vincent https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1395026/scinaptic.jpg?1460012692

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Users complain about "Person or Group" field value entry in OnePlace

I have had some users complain that the "person or group" fields in OnePlace don't work the same way that they do when you're in SharePoint, i.e. a box doesn't drop down with suggestions. Is there any way this could be added to make it more user friendly? They either have to click on the book icon to search for a user, or type the name in to validate it, before saving.

[having issues trying to insert images, showing up as a piece of code instead of an image, hence no screenshots]

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Selecting Multiple Termstore (Managed Metadata) Values

I am currently uploading some documents from our old Shared Drive for one of our teams, and noticed we have to go back in and out each time we want to select a new value.

When you're in SharePoint, selecting a termstore value has both "Select" and "OK" as options, so you can select as many as you like before clicking "OK". In OnePlace, the "Select" option acts the same as the "OK" button in SharePoint. I tried using the Ctrl button on my keyboard to see if that worked, but it didn't (i.e. it un-selected the one I had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit or suppress tooltips

Hello

I am configuring oneplace using the config_update.xml and am looking for ways to either amend the tooltips for all ribbon items, or simply suppress these.

Cheers

Patrick

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Content types for "new button" in OnePlaceDocs explorer

Hi all,

We've noticed that in the OnePlaceDocs explorer the 'new' button only gives us the possibility to add a "map" or "document set". It would be very usefull if this 'new' button could show the content types available in the selected list/library, so we can create a "standard document e.g. Word document".

Kind regards,

Kenny

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is there a way to have different metadata when uploading multiple documents through OnePlaceDocs?

When uploading multiple documents to SharePoint through OnePlaceDocs, there doesn't appear to be a way to change metadata on individual documents.

We are migrating from a network file share to SharePoint and this will make the transition difficult.

Thanks in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Removing the + from beside document libraries that have no folders/document sets

One thing that I have found when training staff, is that they will instinctively try and click on the + to expand. This shows up beside document libraries even when there are no folders within the library. It would be great if the + did not appear beside document libraries that have no folders in them, so that staff can more easily understand they just need to click on the name of the document library.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OnePlaceDocs translation

Any update on when we will be able to translate OnePlaceDocs in French?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'New' in OnePlace Docs Explorer Missing List of Content Types

When clicking on 'New' in OnePlace Docs Explorer, the only option we are given is 'New Folder or Document Set', even when these Content Types are not available in the SharePoint document library. The Content Types for the same library will show up in the Document Information Panel when saving an email with OnePlace Mail, how do we make these same options appear for the 'New' options in OnePlace Docs Explorer? (They are available from 'New' as buttons in the SharePoint document library) https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1287693/oneplacedocscontenttypes.png?1444014268

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently the “New” button in the ribbon relates to creating a new location (folder or document set) for document libraries. To expand this to include creating a new content type – is on our product backlog.

Also, just a note – If you viewing a List, when you select the “New” button, this will allow you to create a new list item.

• Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceDocs (Desktop)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base