Skip to content

OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

17 results found

1. Document Sets don't show up in the Content View

In the Content View of OnePlaceDocs you show the contents of the selected library and you can select which view you want to see.
    However the views don't show document sets so the user is left confused, thinking there are no document sets in the selected library.

It is important that users see a consistent representation of their library in SharePoint, OnePlaceDocs and in Explorer View and with OPD not showing the document sets this is confusing. This is leading to poor adoption by our users as they don't trust the Content view.

Can you please show the document sets…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are very pleased to advise that this requested enhancement is now available in OnePlace Solutions R8.4 release.

When browsing a library where document sets are available, the document sets will now be visible in the content grid view, allowing for users to take advantage of views and filtering of document sets and or folders.

To download the latest release, please click here: https://www.oneplacesolutions.com/downloads.html

Kind regards

Elissa

2. Refining file searches using custom metadata

Are there any planned upgrades which will allow users to filter and sort file search results by custom metadata columns?

Search results are currently displayed in Explorer view meaning that results can only be filtered or sorted by 'name', 'modified by', 'modified' and 'size'. Custom metadata columns do not appear.

Previous upgrades have enabled users to filter and sort by custom metadata columns. This new functionality has improved OnePlaceMail however extending capability to include search results would be of huge benefit to the end user.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Upload limit of 50 email

I have just upgraded to OnePlaceMail v7.6.1 and can not upload more than 50 emails form Outlook 2010 to sharepoint in one go.

I'm sure in previous versiona i was able to upload much higher volumes of emails.

Does anyone know if there is a configuration setting i might be able to amend to allow more than 50 emails at a time to be uploaded into SharePoint?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Query  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

We are pleased to confirm that with the release of 8.2, the number of emails that can be saved in a single transaction now has a default of 200 emails.
    It is also possible to configure this value to a higher number through the OnePlaceLive > Configuration Profile service.

Please download the latest release here: https://www.oneplacesolutions.com/downloads.html
    And to see what else is includes in 8.2, please select the following link: https://www.oneplacesolutions.com/help/current/#?id=2004

Kind regards

Elissa

4. Teams integration

As teams is based on SharePoint, are we able to use OPM to connect to a teams site. It would copy/move emails/attachments to the teams document library but then also have to trigger whatever teams does to inform team members that a new file has been uploaded.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Query  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. export/import favourites when changing computer

Apologies if this question has been posted already.

Is there a way to export favorites in one computer into another one?

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Query  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our latest release R8.7.1 now includes an automatic backup of the user Favorites to OneDrive when the OneDrive feature is enabeld.

When you use OnePlaceMail/Docs on a new computer and you have a backup present in OneDrive, the product will automatically prompt to restore these backed up Favorites to your current computer.

~AG

6. Multiple e-mail copy/move should run in the background

Multiple e-mail copy/move should Run in the background and release Outlook for continued workflow. It can then notify you once completed if requested.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey George!

I am pleased to update this request with the information that OnePlaceMail & OnePlaceDocs now supports background upload. This means the user can keep using Outlook while the save is completed.

Kind regards

Elissa

7. Connection to Team sites

Using OPM desktop v8.2.2. Easy enough to connect to the root site and navigate sub sites. At last count I was also a member of 31 team sites. In our project focused business i am in and out of different teams sites all the time. Any ideas on how to easily connect OPM to these Team sites (other than manually getting the URL for each and every Team site)??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Query  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Meeting Requests

Does anyone else have the need to save meeting requests from outlook? We have staff that put agenda items and actions in the body of the meeting request therefore need to save it to meet recordkeeping requirements. When we try prior to accepting the request we get an unspported items error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature Done  ·  1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the ability to save unsupported items

We need to save itms such as read-reciept, calendar acceptances/declines and other systems generated emails in to Oneplacemail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. opening .eml once saved to SharePoint Online

When I save an email to SharePoint and try to open the file, the only option I have is to save. Can I open the file directly in the browser or with outlook without saving first?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Query  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How to move incorrectly stored email with OncePlaceMail

Hello,

I was wondering how to move incorrectly stored/archived emails with OnePlaceMail, from library/document set to another one without having to do this via SharePoint itself.

Can you please assist?

Thanks - Joost Storms

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Outlook Calendar integration (insert item from sharepoint to calendar appointment)

When creating a calendar appointment for a meeting, I would like to insert an item from SharePoint in the same way that I can do when creating a new email. is this possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change default filename in 7.0

We have downloaded the OnePlace Solutions 7.0 version and have set it up so that we can send emails to SharePoint 2010 on prem. Metadata columns are being filled in correctly, but we are trying to change the filename to subjectdate receivedsubject, but don't know where to change this. In the 6.6 administration guide they give different XML files than in the 7 version. Which XML file needs to be altered to achieve this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature Done  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Insert from Sharepoint (Having a filter to find your file/s to attach to email)

Hello in the newer versions will there be a way to filter (similar to sharepoint) when using the insert from sharepoint (oneplacemail)? You can imagine when using Document Libraries with no folders (best pratise) that it can be very hard to find a file when you have hundreds and hundreds of files. Thoughts?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide Saving to SharePoint popup window

Hello

Is there a way to hide or disable the Saving to SharePoint popup window when saving an email to SharePoint?

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1414386/SavingtoSharePoint.png?1463007785

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Patrick

we’re excited to update this request, with the confirmation that the save to SharePoint pop up window no longer appears. From release 7.5, the save is completed in the background.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Kind regards

Elissa

17. Wait time when saving eMail to SharePoint in the cloud

I have been using OnePlaceMail and now OnePlaceSolutions for a few years and love it - thank you!

My SharePoint site is via Microsoft Online/Office 365. Like most of us, I spend a lot of time communicating through email and I save nearly all of it! Some days this can add up to dozens of emails in any day from many senders and to many recipients. There has always been one thing bothersome to me. The lag time from when I start saving an email to OPS and when it is complete. This may seem like a small issue but…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dan

I am able to update this topic with some good news – from release 7.5, OnePlace Solutions now supports background upload. This means you can move/copy your emails to SharePoint and the save will complete in the background.

To download this release, please click here: https://www.oneplacesolutions.com/downloads.html

Thank you so much for your feedback – its really appreciated, and thank you for using OnePlaceMail!

Kind regards

Elissa

• Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base