OnePlaceDocs (Desktop)

1. Users complain about "Person or Group" field value entry in OnePlace

I have had some users complain that the "person or group" fields in OnePlace don't work the same way that they do when you're in SharePoint, i.e. a box doesn't drop down with suggestions. Is there any way this could be added to make it more user friendly? They either have to click on the book icon to search for a user, or type the name in to validate it, before saving.

[having issues trying to insert images, showing up as a piece of code instead of an image, hence no screenshots]

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change onceplace docs 7.2 install options.

I am installing oneplace docs 7.2 via the msi. I would like it to not install the desktop icon or set itself to autorun on startup. Are there install switches I can use? Thanks.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selecting Multiple Termstore (Managed Metadata) Values

I am currently uploading some documents from our old Shared Drive for one of our teams, and noticed we have to go back in and out each time we want to select a new value.

When you're in SharePoint, selecting a termstore value has both "Select" and "OK" as options, so you can select as many as you like before clicking "OK". In OnePlace, the "Select" option acts the same as the "OK" button in SharePoint. I tried using the Ctrl button on my keyboard to see if that worked, but it didn't (i.e. it un-selected the one I had…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit or suppress tooltips

Hello

I am configuring oneplace using the config_update.xml and am looking for ways to either amend the tooltips for all ribbon items, or simply suppress these.

Cheers

Patrick

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Content types for "new button" in OnePlaceDocs explorer

Hi all,

We've noticed that in the OnePlaceDocs explorer the 'new' button only gives us the possibility to add a "map" or "document set". It would be very usefull if this 'new' button could show the content types available in the selected list/library, so we can create a "standard document e.g. Word document".

Kind regards,

Kenny

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is there a way to have different metadata when uploading multiple documents through OnePlaceDocs?

When uploading multiple documents to SharePoint through OnePlaceDocs, there doesn't appear to be a way to change metadata on individual documents.

We are migrating from a network file share to SharePoint and this will make the transition difficult.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Removing the + from beside document libraries that have no folders/document sets

One thing that I have found when training staff, is that they will instinctively try and click on the + to expand. This shows up beside document libraries even when there are no folders within the library. It would be great if the + did not appear beside document libraries that have no folders in them, so that staff can more easily understand they just need to click on the name of the document library.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. One Place Mail and One Place Doc how to automate the post-installation configuration?

We know how to install the msi, however after that operation still we need to configure settings such as the license and the doc store. Does anyone know, by any chance, how to automate such process? Thanks in advance

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OnePlaceDocs translation

Any update on when we will be able to translate OnePlaceDocs in French?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Are we able to remove the Delete Version option from OnePlaceDocs?

When viewing Versions with OnePlaceDocs (in MS Word) it gives users several options- are we able to turn off the Delete button for compliance purposes? https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1288294/versioningoneplace.PNG?1444096621

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 'New' in OnePlace Docs Explorer Missing List of Content Types

When clicking on 'New' in OnePlace Docs Explorer, the only option we are given is 'New Folder or Document Set', even when these Content Types are not available in the SharePoint document library. The Content Types for the same library will show up in the Document Information Panel when saving an email with OnePlace Mail, how do we make these same options appear for the 'New' options in OnePlace Docs Explorer? (They are available from 'New' as buttons in the SharePoint document library) https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1287693/oneplacedocscontenttypes.png?1444014268

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently the “New” button in the ribbon relates to creating a new location (folder or document set) for document libraries. To expand this to include creating a new content type – is on our product backlog.

Also, just a note – If you viewing a List, when you select the “New” button, this will allow you to create a new list item.

12. Toolbar missing from Word/Excel/PPT 2013 after upgrade from OPM 6.x to 7.1

Toolbar was available in 6.x but is gone after the upgrade. The add-in / complement is there and active but nothing is visible.

Thanks,

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to save attachments to SharePoint

When moving attachments to SharePoint from Outlook I get the following error:

An error has occurred saving file to Sharepoint.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Application: OnePlaceMail

Method: Void CopyAttachmentsToSharePointButton_Click(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AttachmentSelection)

Stack Trace: at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.CopyAttachmentsToSharePointButton_Click(AttachmentSelection attachmentsSelected)

Any ideas?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Install Problem

We are installing OnePlace on 30 workstations and so far it has been VERY easy and straightforward; however, I can't get Mail or Docs to install on one laptop running Win 8.1. Install goes straight to "complete" and installs nothing.

Apps appear in Control Panel list, but no where else.

Any ideas?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How can I narrow search results (if at all possible) using oneplacedocs explorer?

I've got oneplacedocs explorer linked to a dossier in SharePoint (containing hundreds of pdf files), I'm able to search all these files' contents, but most of the time I get way too many results (in the hundreds). Is there a way to narrow or filter the results in oneplacedocs explorer?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot save a .xlsm file.

When I try to save a Excle file with macros (.xlsm) with OnePlaceDocs v7, I get a message that VB project cannot be saved to an .xlsx and will be lost.

I have the option to say yes to continue and lose code or no to change the file type. If I press no, nothing happens.

How can I save an .xlsm to SharePoint?

Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can OnePlaceDocs be used in trial mode?

I just upgraded from OPM 6.x to 7 and do not have a key yet.

I see the ribbon options in Outlook but not in Word / Excel / PPT. Is it supposed to be possible to use it without a license?

Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceDocs (Desktop)

Feedback and Knowledge Base