OnePlaceMail for Outlook App

Please let us know what you love, and would like to see!
Download from AppSource: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-gb/product/office/WA104380723

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is an interesting starting point, but...

This should be a free feature directly integrated to outlook!!
    We have been waiting for this basic feature for years!! This should NOT be a paid service as this is BASIC integration with your own services.
    -It should replace the ****** "Save to group/OneDrive" feature in outlook for PC.
    -We should also be able to browse for content is SharePoint/OneDrive to send as attachement (link by default with option to attach). This would extend the unfinished "smart attachement" feature were we cannot browse for content except for the recent documents.
    -It should allow to search for sites
    -It should allow…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Answered  ·  3 comments  ·  UX UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create and Delete Folders

should allow the option "new folder" and "delete" files and folders, that way you dont need go to the site

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to override the Sharepoint root URL

Need the ability to set or over ride the Sharepoint root URL. I signed in with company O365 credentials and got access denied due to how they setup sharepoint. If I could set the root url, I could ensure that I did have access.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All

This item is still under review, however to update – if users receive this error they do not have access to the root site collection in SharePoint. If possible, please give users read access to the root site. We have flagged this as an item to be reviewed to remove this requirement.

Kind regards

Elissa

4. Show sites you have "followed" or marked "Favorite" in SharePoint also as Favorite in Oneplacemail

When working with multiple (changing) sites in SharePoint, it would be great if those sites or libraries that are marked as Favorite in SharePoint would automatically pop-up as favorites in Oneplacemail.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to default to Save Attachment

My team will almost never be saving an email. We're looking for a way to ease saving attachments to SharePoint. Having the ability to set the default to the attachment, rather than the email, would be much preferred.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save E-Mail as pdf or msg file

As we cannot preview .eml files, it would be great if the e-mails (not attachments) were saved as pdf or msg files.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why can't I use the dot "." character in naming if I can save files in Sharefile using it without problems?

By saving e-mail / attachments the dot "." character is not accepted. Is there anyway to change this?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage saving (lodging) multiple emails together

Allow processing of multiple emails together. If I select more than one email in the OWA UI I want to be able to post them to a chosen SP library together - not one at a time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Outlook OWA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need to be able to view and open files on the same app.

Great you can save emails - but what about being able to drag and drop, open and edit files? Harmon ie do all of this but doesn't work well

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Outlook Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ask for library labels

When you save a document to Sharepoint, the app doesn't ask for the office 365 group library labels

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save an email or attachment from Outlook directly in my OneDrive

When saving an email or attachment, add link to my OneDrive for Business location

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Saving filename to allow period ("."), comma (",") and other allowable characters

I save files using YYYY.MM.DD format, however, OnePlace does not allow that naming convention.

I like the reply with links option, but while I wait for that (i.e., uploading files) and then do another task (like open another email), I can't see that option or email with links. If I want to get back to that reply with links, I need to re-upload all the files, overwrite the files, wait, and repeat the process. It's a great feature, but there should be an easier way to reply with links.

Finally, when saving from Outlook, if I "get back to work"…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  1 comment  ·  Outlook Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically save the email (.eml) as the email content type and attachments as default (document) content type

At the moment, the user may choose whether to save both the email (.eml) and the attachments in one go. They may then choose the SharePoint Content Type to save in. However - where an Email content type has been set up, the choice doesn't make sense as the type should be different for the email file and the attachments.
    The only option for the user is to save twice (.eml and attachments separately), choosing different content type each time.
    This could be easily fixed / enhanced by automatically selecting the Email content type (if one exists) for the email,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  2 comments  ·  Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Current error: ContentTypeId is read-only error

You may receive notification that there was an issue when saving an email to SharePoint using OnePlaceMail.

We are aware of this issue, and are currently working on this to resolve as quickly as possible. We are also working with Microsoft to resolve this.

We will update this item with further information as soon as possible

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Announcement  ·  3 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Doesn't always save

OnePlaceMail doesn't consistently save to SharePoint. Sometimes it will work straight away, sometimes it takes several attempts, and other times not at all. There is no error message sent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include SharePoint target in Upload list for Attachments

Be nice to have the option to save to SP available when you've clicked on an attachment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  New Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't sign in when using Okta SSO

We are unable to sign in. I believe this is due to us using Okta Single Sign-on with Office 365.

We can sign in when using the OnePlaceMail (Desktop) plug-in, but we can't using the newer OnePlaceMail (Office Store App) plug-in with Outlook 2016.

See attachment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OnePlaceMail for SharePoint Online missing desktop Functionality - Custom Fields

So very happy an MS Store app was released as I mostly only use Office 365 OWA.

I was very disappointed however once I realised that the custom fields added to the one place mail doctype are no longer usable.

Without these, the functionality is almost pointless as emails are saved in OWA as .eml files which means you can't view them online.

I was using this feature to save all emails received relating to invoicing and payments. I added custom fields so when saving I could add in extra info pertaining to the payment amount, type, cost type etc.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook OWA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rob

We’re pleased to update this item, with the information that it is now possible to capture some additional custom columns when saving to SharePoint using the OnePlaceMail app for Outlook.

Kind regards

Elissa

20. I am not able to sign in gettting message as need permissionfrom admin & admin not aware to allow

OnePlaceMail needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it.
    Admin is not aware where to allow on same

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base