OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

1. Im getting some errors messages when i open outlook 2016

An error has occurred refreshing 'Favorites'

Error: No se puede crear la carpeta.

Application: Microsoft Outlook
    Method: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder Add(System.String, System.Object)
    Stack Trace: en Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Folders.Add(String Name, Object Type)
    en FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.CreateRootSharepointFolder()
    en FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.GetRootSharepointFolder()
    en FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.RefreshOutlookFoldersFromConfigFile(Boolean startUp)

this is other:

There was a problem refreshing OnePlaceMail recent locations

Method: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder Add(System.String, System.Object)
    Stack Trace: en Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Folders.Add(String Name, Object Type)
    en FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.CreateRootSharepointFolder()
    en FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.GetRootSharepointFolder()
    en FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.RefreshRecentOutlookFoldersFromConfigFile(Boolean isStartup)

and the last one:

The OnePlaceMail Outlook addin encountered an error and could not not be initialised.

Application: Microsoft Outlook…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Answered  ·  3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Hi

I have one user on Lite who is experiencing the following error message when attempting to add a connection to an Office 365 SharePoint site collection:

An error has occurred accessing the url 'https://tenanturi.sharepoint.com/sites/projectadmin'.

Error: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Application: System.Windows.Forms
    Method: Void Navigate2(System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
    Stack Trace: at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IWebBrowser2.Navigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate(String urlString)
    at Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.ClaimsWebAuth.a()
    at Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.ClaimsWebAuth..ctor(String targetSiteUrl, Int32 popUpWidth, Int32…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI.'

I am getting the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI.'

The OnePlaceMail Outlook add-in encountered an unexpected issue.

Error: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System._ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000C03A7-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPEE_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Application: mscorlib
    Method: IntPtr GetCOMIPFromRCW(System.Object, IntPtr, IntPtr ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
    Stack Trace: at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
    at Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI.InvalidateControl(String ControlID)
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.OPMOutlookRibbon.RebuildMoveAndCopyRecentLocations()
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.OPMOutlookRibbon.a(Object…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI.'

Hello everybody. I have a user on Windows 7 and Office 2010. He receives the following error when using OnePlaceMail:

Error: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System._ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000C03A7-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPEE_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

I found this post (https://feedback.oneplacesolutions.com/forums/589411-oneplacemail-desktop/suggestions/18223252-com-error-in-ops-lite-when-moving-emails-to-folder) and it says that this bug is resolved. But I cannot find the solution anywhere in this post.

A support engineer has already run an Office repair…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow uploads of a single file to more than one folder at the same time

When uploading a document I sometimes must upload the same file/same file name to several folders. It would be helpful to have an option to choose more than one folder to which it would upload, so that they would upload consecutively to one place, and then the next place, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams integration

As teams is based on SharePoint, are we able to use OPM to connect to a teams site. It would copy/move emails/attachments to the teams document library but then also have to trigger whatever teams does to inform team members that a new file has been uploaded.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An error has occurred refreshing 'Favorites' Error: The operation failed.

An error has occurred refreshing 'Favorites'

Error: The operation failed.

Method: Void setWebViewURL(System.String)
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder.set
    WebViewURL(String WebViewURL)
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.RefreshOutlookFoldersFromConfigFile(Boolean startUp)

Version: 7.3.3.
    Outlook: 2016

Have:-

Removed the PST File - Issue remains
    Renamed favourites.xml favourites.old - Issue remains

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hello, it would be great if OneplaceMail had an option to work like a rule in Outlook and auto forward to sharepoint

Hello, it would be great if OneplaceMail had an option to work like a rule in Outlook and auto forward to sharepoint

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Best way to send Unsupported Items in SharePoint

What is the best way to send Unsupported Items (Emails like Return receipt, Read aknowledgment, Meeting accepted, etc.) in SharePoint with OnePlaceMail ?

Is there a trick or something to send them with OnePlaceMail ?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook 2016 does not show sharepoint content after adding library to favorites

We have several users in our environment. Several do not see the Sharepoint content from Outlook view, but a couple are seeing it perfectly.

Everyone is running Outlook 2016 with Sharepoint 2013 on premise.

I noticed the ones the do not work correctly are showing Outlook 2013 for the OnePlaceMail integration when they are actually on Outlook 2016.

Anybody seen this before?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wildcards in Lookup search

Is there a wildcard for lookup-column-search? Or is there a possibility of using the search-word as "contains" and not as "begins with"?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to remove email attachments when saving to SharePoint?

Is there a way to enable a prompt or a setting that allows a user to remove email attachment(s) when saving to SharePoint?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Viewing Folders In Content Pane (Outlook View)

Is there a setting or custom configuration that can be applied that will allow for folders to show up in the view pane and not just in the folder hierarchy pane? This would allow us to view the column data on each folder and filter on it.

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1331402/2015-12-1817_33_23-Outlook.png?1450478125

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. how to disable the update notification at startup?

Everytime I startup Outlook (2013) I get an update notification for OnePlaceMail. How can I disable this pop-up? I do NOT want to update.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send and File not working

When one of our users clicks on Send and File the email sends and but no save window appears to file the email. Is there any one else that has had this issue? Using OnePlaceSolutions 7.1 and have uninstalled and reinstalled and also ran a repair on Office 2013

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Drag and Drop default to Copy instead of Move?

Is there a way to change behavior of dragging and dropping to be copy instead of move?

Also, if user does a move instead of copy, is there a way to "undo" and get the email back into outlook? Does it get moved into deleted folder?

Thanks!

Joe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. OPM outlook view show all items without folders

When viewing emails in the outlook view is it possible to view all files in a library regardless of whether or not they are in a sub folder. In a SharePoint view this would be the option 'show all items without folders'?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OnePlaceMail not loading in Outlook

Hi,

One one client PC OnePlaceMail is not loading in Outlook. I have installed the latest version 6.4.2 but still nothing.

I followed the KB from Scinaptic en now when I try to enable OnePlaceMail and I see the error shown below.

I thought it had something to do with VSTO but I have installed this, repaired it, nothing...

Any idea?

Root element is missing.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)

at Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.Core.ExceptionDialog..ctor(String briefProblemDescriptionForUser, Exception ex)

at…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Hi, I can't make express edition to work, as I get: : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. message. It's a hosted version of SharePoint 2007.Other products work as expected. Even internet explorer works and mapped drives as well.

I can see the following in the documentation part: How can I use OnePlaceMail when my SharePoint server is in another domain or hosted and I need to supply a username and password which is different to who I am logged onto my computer as?

and

How do I connect OnePlaceMail to SharePoint Site Collections?

but nothing works, wrong…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use OnePlaceMail everytime I save + Overwrite files by default?

I have some questions (which a customer asked me)

1) Is it possible to show the OPM Save prompt every time I click a Save button? WorkSharePoint for instance first asks to save in SharePoint and then locally.

2) Is it possible to enable "Overwrite existing files" by default for everyone?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base