OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

1. How do I connect oneplacemail to a sharepoint 2003 server.?

I am looking for a solution to connect my existing sharepoint 2003 server to outlook 2010. I am very interested in this product as it seems todo all I need.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OnePlaceMail - Unsupported Items error. Possible causes?

The error is is being raised when client attempts to save an item. Seems to be only happening on those clients using Outlook 2010. The 2007 client appears to be ok. And (annoyingly) not all 2010 clients. Using Enterprise edition. Help appreciated.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error loading folders

Hello, I'm having problems adding emails to SharePoint document libraries from Outlook 2010.

I am am able to add a SharePoint Connection to my server and see a list of the document libraries. However when I choose a document library, and click on the "+" sign it says "Error loading folders - click for details".

When I click for details, I get the following message:

"System.UriFormatException: Invalid URi: The Authority/Host could not be parsed. at scinatptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.OPMNavigationTreeUC.a(Object A0, GetUserTrimmedListFoldersCompletedEventArgs A1)"

I am able to copy emails to a document library on a different server.

Thanks.

Craig

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Hi, I can't make express edition to work, as I get: : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. message. It's a hosted version of SharePoint 2007.Other products work as expected. Even internet explorer works and mapped drives as well.

I can see the following in the documentation part: How can I use OnePlaceMail when my SharePoint server is in another domain or hosted and I need to supply a username and password which is different to who I am logged onto my computer as?

and

How do I connect OnePlaceMail to SharePoint Site Collections?

but nothing works, wrong…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Updated document list in Sharepoint does not flow through to OnePlaceMail

Hello, when we drag documents to OnePlaceMail, we need to complete some metadata to have it uploaded to the right folder in SharePoint. One of the fields we update is a Document Type. In Sharepoint we added a new item to the list for the document type. However, in OnePlaceMail this list had not been updated even after the restart of Outlook.

Can you please tell us how to make it work?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OnePlaceMail not capturing the body of an email when I saved to a List.

If I copy an email into a list, it captures the correct data in columns such as Date, Content Type, Title but it doesn't input the body of the email into the Description column. Currently I have to manually copy the body of the email into the Description column. Is there an alternative to this method?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you attach additional emails to an already created List item, through Outlook/OnePlaceMail?

We have items/issues in our Sharepoint lists with attached emails. Is is possible to attach additional emails (more recent correspondence) to the same item/issue, through Outlook/OnePlaceMail? Rather than the roundabout way of saving the .msg on the desktop.

Cheers

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Is there a way to stop saved outgoing emails from also saving in Outlook Sent Items?

We are encouraging our users to save all incoming and outgoing emails to SharePoint using OnePlaceMail (move rather than copy). However, even when outgoing emails are saved to SharePoint (using Send & File) a copy of the email is still saved in the Outlook Sent Items folder.

Is there a way to stop outgoing emails that are saved to SharePoint from also saving in the Sent Items box? (without turning off the save sent items function in Outlook?)

Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Long URL seems to break Launch item

Is there a character limit to the URL of a Web Page launch item? I have saved a long URL that opens a form in SharePoint to enter a new list item. However, only a single blank line is then displayed when I click the Launch drop-down.

The URL is this: http://oursite.com/sites/HR/budget/_layouts/NewDocSet.aspx?List=8d93a01a-1e2d-4262-b08e-a1956124d6ff&Source=http%3a//oursite.com/sites/hr/budget/budgetdocs/Forms/AllItems.aspx&RootFolder=/sites/hr/budget/budgetdocs&ContentTypeId=0x0120D52000A229F86CA7A4624AB53D671F362C21C500847B03D1B2032A42AA39E2629772D415

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. System out of memory exception error

System out of memory error when saving attachments to SharePoint.

Using OPM version 6.3, Outlook 2010 with a known good SharePoint location. This issue only happens for one user.

An error has occurred retrieving folder information for the list: https://[Our URL]. Some folders for this list/library may not be available for selection.

Error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Application: mscorlib

Method: System.String CtorCharArrayStartLength(Char[], Int32, Int32)

Stack Trace: at System.String.CtorCharArrayStartLength(Char[] value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadAttributeValue()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributeValue()

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  7 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to see email metadata in regular (i.e. non-OMP) doc library with document set content type added

I've added the OMP sandbox solution and then the OMP content type to a SharePoint 2010 doc library that has a document set content type. I can copy an email from Outlook 2013 to the library successfully, however none of the email columns are populated.

I've also tested copying to an OMP email library and to a regular doc library with no document set content type, just "document", and this does work - the columns are populated.

What is it specifically about a doc library using document sets that is not allowing population of email metadata?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to add/modify metadata on Library items after enabling OnePlaceMail?

Hello Scinaptic Staff and Community!

We've been quite happy with the OnePlaceMail plugin overall, however a user brought a rather large issue to my attention as we were testing a newly created site.

Here's the issue:

On Site A, "Shared Documents" is configured to have 2 views, the standard default view, and one that shows mostly email related columns so that emails and standard files may be stored in the same library w/o having to look at all the metadata from either eMails or all-else.

Both files and email can be input into the Library by standard upload and OnePlaceMail…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to activate solution

I am getting the error shown below when attempting to activate the sandbox solution.

I do have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Sandboxed Code Service started.

Sandboxed code execution request failed.

Correlation ID: 0b80045c-da0b-4beb-a80c-8a6a3943b738

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lookup Columns - Viewing More Fields in Copy to Sharepoint

Hello-

I am using the email capture with great success.

I have a bunch of look up columns that when I copy an email prompt correctly for information. Works great.

However I have a lookup Column called "Contact". I have the typical fields first name, last name etc... When I go to copy an email, it is showing the first name column only. (Which it should the way I have it set up) How can I display first name and last name in the lookup field column from OnePlaceMail.

Hope I am explaining correctly.

Thanks,

Rob

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sandboxed Solution does not activate (even though option available)

Hi I have attempted to install the Oneplacemail sandbox solution on my standalone sharepoint foundaton server that I am testing. Each time I attempt to activate the solution it reports . The sandboxed code execution request was refused because the Sandboxed Code Host Service was too busy to handle the request.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: a0609475-ee94-4192-8ef9-8f60a3e23771

Date and Time: 2/6/2013 11:08:16 AM

Go back to site

I have checked the service which appears to be running - other solutions have activated OK. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One Place Mail License Transfer

Hi there, how do we transfer One place mail Server license from old Sharepoint Farm to another new Farm?

we are currently using 5.0 server component and 5.1 Outlook Addin version

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to save message to Sharepoint

When i try to copy/move a message to sharepoint destination (a document library), in the dialog form "Save to Sharepoint", properties section is empty and save button is disabled...

https://d37wxxhohlp07s.cloudfront.net/s3_images/846737/Cattura.JPG?1358847380

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cannot load com addin in Outlook 2007

After installing this on a computer with office 2007, i am getting cannot load com addin when opening outlook. The details show that its not in the XML file. Does anyone know how to fix this? It works on other computers here.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. onePlaceMail solution activation problem

i downloaded the scinaptic oneplacemail solution Express Edition then i uploaded under soultion, now i m trying to activate it but it not getting activation?? how i can activate it??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. License error one place mail client 6.2

Hi, getting the following error with OPM 6.2 client, any ideas,...

This is the OnePlaceMail error message displayed when we tried to save an email to sharepoint

An error has occurred updating the license list.

Error: access denied.

you do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

Application:

Method:

Stack Trace:

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base