OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

1. Adding new subject when uploading document / email

we want to upload a email to SharePoint. In the wizard there is an option to add a new subject. When we add a new subject and we want to upload the email to that subject it's not in the list. There is a <title> (which is the new one). When exiting the wizard en start over the new subject is in the list.
    What is wrong?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How can you re-add the OnePlaceMail

How can you re-add the OnePlaceMail add-in? I deleted it because it remained in inactive status even when enabling the add-in. I thought re-installing OnePlaceMail would bring the addin back, however after the install completed, the add-in still did not come back. I re-added registry entries by getting them from another system, however it still did not add the add-in back in Outlook. Using Outlook 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The OnePlaceMail Outlook addin encountered an error and could not not be initialised. Error: Cannot create the folder.

Release 6.5 build 25.0.5 - Outlook 2013

The OnePlaceMail Outlook addin encountered an error and could not not be initialised.

Error: Cannot create the folder.

Application: Microsoft Outlook
    Method: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder Add(System.String, System.Object)
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Folders.Add(String Name, Object Type)
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.CreateRootSharepointFolder()
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.GetRootSharepointFolder()
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.InitialiseSharepointFolders()
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.b(Object A
    0, EventArgs A_1)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Oneplace mail regional setting out of sync with SharePoint

Field validation fails. We have a date field which has validation that it cannot be in future =[Date <= [Today]]. This works fine on SharePoint, however when today's date is selected in Oneplace mail it gives an error stating that the date cannot be in future.

There seems to be a mismatch between oneplace mail date/time setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Error on starting Outlook with favourites.

Hi, in the last week or so I have had this problem. When starting Outlook, using version OPM 7.5.1, OUtlook gives the following error on start.

An error has occurred refreshing 'Favorites'

Error: The operation failed.

Method: Void setWebViewURL(System.String)
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder.set
    WebViewURL(String WebViewURL)
    at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.RefreshOutlookFoldersFromConfigFile(Boolean startUp)

I followed some suggestions of clearing favourites, but when I click "clear" I get this error below. I know of a few people who have the same issue as me. Any ideas what to do?

The OnePlaceMail Outlook add-in encountered an unexpected issue.

Error: Unable to cast COM…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  11 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Licence url/location keeps clearing

For some users the url to the licence list keeps dropping as a result we need to reactivate the licensing by entering the url again from the settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The OnePlaceSolutions Site URL is not updated after installing

Hi after installing OPM Outlook 7.5 using the command
    msiexec.exe /i "C:\Temp\OnePlaceMail_Outlook2016.msi" LICENSELOCATION="https:....../sites/OPM/Lists/Licenses/" SETTINGURL=https:....../sites/OPM

The OnePlaceSolutions Site URL is not updated after installing. See screenshot attached. Any Ideas wath the issue is?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Button "Insert from SharePoint" does not work (nothing happens)

Hi,

We use OPM 7.4.2 and we have an issue with the "Insert From SharePoint" functionality.
    When the user create a new email, then he wants to attach a doc from sharepoint, he clicks on "Insert from SharePoint", but nothing happens.
    Do you have an idea to solve the problem ?
    The config files are the same than other users (for who the button works).

thanks in advance for your help
    Vincent

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recovered files lost

Hi,

I've tried to move 5000 files from a shared mailbox to oneplace and the system crashed. The emails were in the recovered files but they are not there anymore. Is there a way to recover this as the emails are important

Kind regards,
    Rasielle

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. files in folders not visible

Hello,

I´m using Outlook 365 on-premise installation on my computer.
    I´m not sure if this is important, but I´m from Switzerland and the general language is German!

I installt the 30 days test version and checking all things.

1. OnePlace Docs Explorer is working well - everything fine

2. OnePlace Mail
      a) I can add Favorites (I can connect to database)
      b) I can see the "Favorites" folders on the left side under -OnePlaceMail -
      c) I made the setup for the emails like on your instruction - if you upload/copy a mail to the folder I can see the mail in…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Getting error messages after email migration from Exchange to O365

My email was recently migrated from an on-prem Exchange server to Office365, and the migration process created a new Outlook profile (pst). Since I started using the new Outlook profile, I'm getting error messages when I load Outlook or when I use OnePlaceMail.

The errors are things like:
    - An error has occurred refreshing 'Favorites'
    - An error has occurred setting 'Recent Locations'
    - An error has occurred when initializing OnePlaceMail

I tried to uninstall and reinstall OPM, and to do a repair install, but nothing seems to remove the errors. Has anyone seen this and have guidance on how…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Problem refreshing OnePlaceMail recent locations, Cannot create the folder.

Problem refreshing OnePlaceMail recent locations, Cannot create the folder.

this error comes up every time outlook opens and when saving to sharepoint however the recent locations is updating.....

Full error below and using Outlook 2013 with Office365 and sharepoint subscription:

There was a problem refreshing OnePlaceMail recent locations

Error: Cannot create the folder.

Method: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder Add(System.String, System.Object)

Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Folders.Add(String Name, Object Type)

at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.RefreshRecentOutlookFoldersFromConfigFile(String configFilePath, Boolean isStartup)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  13 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. What is the meaning of "OnePlaceMail Deletion" in the Outlook categories column

A couple of emails that have been transfeerred to Sharepoint via OPM have now the following text in the Categories column - I cant find an explanation of the meaning of this comment - can you clarify for me please

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/927344/Capture.JPG?1374108807

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  7 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Refining file searches using custom metadata

Are there any planned upgrades which will allow users to filter and sort file search results by custom metadata columns?

Search results are currently displayed in Explorer view meaning that results can only be filtered or sorted by 'name', 'modified by', 'modified' and 'size'. Custom metadata columns do not appear.

Previous upgrades have enabled users to filter and sort by custom metadata columns. This new functionality has improved OnePlaceMail however extending capability to include search results would be of huge benefit to the end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Attempting to expand library throws: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error and not all folders are displayed

I have one particular library with 30 folders below root level. When expanding this library, an error is thrown: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. and not all folders are displayed. On some computers, people can see maybe 10 folders, on others it can be as little as one. Here is the error in full:

An error has occurred retrieving folder information for the list: https://titlestone.sharepoint.com/B Not Progressing. Some folders for this list/library may not be available for selection.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Application: Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration

Method: Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.spListTreeNode a(System.Xml.XmlNode, Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.spListTreeNode)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. OnePlaceMail Grouped by Date view

We have a document library used to file meeting papers which are tagged by meeting name and date of meeting. The information type for the date of meeting column is 'Date and Time' with the format of the field set to 'Date Only'. The default view for the library groups the files by meeting name and then by date of meeting.

When files are uploaded to this library using OnePlaceMail, they are not only tagged by the specified date but also by the time that the file was uploaded. This is problematic as it affects the default grouped view. Files…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. One Place not showing in excel or word

One Place showing in Outlook but not excel or word 2007

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OnePlaceMail not loading in Outlook

Hi,

One one client PC OnePlaceMail is not loading in Outlook. I have installed the latest version 6.4.2 but still nothing.

I followed the KB from Scinaptic en now when I try to enable OnePlaceMail and I see the error shown below.

I thought it had something to do with VSTO but I have installed this, repaired it, nothing...

Any idea?

Root element is missing.

Exception Text

System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)

at Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.Core.ExceptionDialog..ctor(String briefProblemDescriptionForUser, Exception ex)

at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn.ThisAddIn.b(Object A…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The selected location is currently unavailable

I have the same issue discussed in two other threads by this name:

http://community.oneplacesolutions.com/oneplacemail/topics/theselectedlocationiscurrently_unavailable-alcdz

http://community.oneplacesolutions.com/oneplacemail/topics/theselectedlocationiscurrently_unavailable

The message is displayed as soon as the OnePlace Mail window opens after we opt to move or copy an email to SharePoint- no fodlers or libraries are clicked before the message appears. The message is the same for all sites and libraries. Upload to all of these locations worked when we were using the trial version.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Per advice on the referenced threads I have attempted to rename…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base