OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

1. Send to SP from Explorer still on the context menu ?

IN OPM Lite 7 (not trial):

Can someone please confirm if Send to > SharePoint is still an option on the context (right click) menu in Windows Explorer as it was in the old OP6 Express.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature comparison

Most software vendors have a table to compare features in different products. It would be very nice to see a table comparing the feature sets of the different OnePlace product offerings.

For example - what do I get/not get in Lite compared to the Full version?

Does this exist anywhere ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to remove email attachments when saving to SharePoint?

Is there a way to enable a prompt or a setting that allows a user to remove email attachment(s) when saving to SharePoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I capture email attributes in SharePoint using OnePlaceMail?

How do I get email attributes captured into SharePoint columns so I can use them in Document Libraries and lists?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to download OneplaceMail_Lite

Attempting to download free version from http://cdn.oneplacesolutions.com/7.4/OnePlaceMail-Lite-Setup.exe results in "Site cannot be reached"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Query  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Is there a Save to SharePoint default location so users do not get to choose?

Hi, I would like my users to save to SharePoint without having to choose the location, a true one click option. Can I set a default save location and not have them see the Save to SharePoint window?

Thanks

Shaun

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Limit on File Sizes to be Transfer

Is there a file size limit for files you send to SharePoint using OnePlaceMail from file shares.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can I customize the E-mail filename format?

Hi,

First, I'd like to say that the OnePlaceMail software is something which In my mind was so much missing on the market to make the SharePoint at least the option to consider when selecting document management platform. Until now, everything what I've immagined that the tool can do was at the right place, easy to set up and easy to work with. However I've came across some difficulties with setting up a proper filename when uploading an item to the SharePoint.

I'm trying to customize the e-mail filename format in a way that it would add a creation date…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restrict OnePlaceMail to only allow saves into document libraries and not custom lists

Is it possible to restrict users to only save emails and attachments into document libraries or at least to control what libraries they can save into? We have a client using OnePlaceMail with Office 365 and the users have on occasion saved emails into custom lists. We can't restrict by security as they need access to these lists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spellcheck when using Send & File button?

By default OnePlaceMail Send and File function doesn’t appear to trigger a spell check when this function is used instead of the normal Outlook Send. This is true even if the option to check spelling on Send is selected in Outlook options.

Is there anyway for us to modify this so a spell check is always run when using Send and File? Something in configuration etc, or allowing OPM to recognise if this setting is turned on in Outlook?

Thanks, Nadine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Email Preview - Showing Attachments

Email preview works fine and fills a gap that really should be provided by SharePoint (!), but are we able to show the attachment in the email preview? It would be nice to see the attachment and be able to launch it from the preview as you can in a standard Outlook preview.

We're asking our users to store attachments separately, but in some cases it makes sense to store the email content and the attachment to be stored together.

Thanks

Tony

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Upload to sharepoint, file no checked in version

Sometimes when I upload a file with oneplacemail, the file will be copied to Sharepoint 2010. But they come in the list with the files which have no checked in version. Also the required properties are not filled in or not copied. Do you have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bug Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There was a problem refreshing Recent Locations

Error: Cannot create the folder.

Application: Microsoft Outlook

Method: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder Add(System.String, System.Object)

Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Folders.Add(String Name, Object Type) at FileToWSSOutlookAddIn. ThisAddIn.RefreshRecentOutlookFoldersFromConfigFile(Boolean isStartup)

One of our users gets this message 4 times after uploading an email to sharepoint.

OPM version = 7

Sharepoint version = 2013.

Can anyone help Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Drag and Drop default to Copy instead of Move?

Is there a way to change behavior of dragging and dropping to be copy instead of move?

Also, if user does a move instead of copy, is there a way to "undo" and get the email back into outlook? Does it get moved into deleted folder?

Thanks!

Joe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Documents sent by Oneplacemail are read-only

When someone sends me a link using Oneplacemail, the document opens as 'Read-only' with no option to edit. Obviously there is no point in using Oneplacemail if I can't edit documents. Is it possible to change my settings so that I can edit? My colleagues have the same issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to see email metadata in regular (i.e. non-OMP) doc library with document set content type added

I've added the OMP sandbox solution and then the OMP content type to a SharePoint 2010 doc library that has a document set content type. I can copy an email from Outlook 2013 to the library successfully, however none of the email columns are populated.

I've also tested copying to an OMP email library and to a regular doc library with no document set content type, just "document", and this does work - the columns are populated.

What is it specifically about a doc library using document sets that is not allowing population of email metadata?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Attempting to expand library throws: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error and not all folders are displayed

I have one particular library with 30 folders below root level. When expanding this library, an error is thrown: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. and not all folders are displayed. On some computers, people can see maybe 10 folders, on others it can be as little as one. Here is the error in full:

An error has occurred retrieving folder information for the list: https://titlestone.sharepoint.com/B Not Progressing. Some folders for this list/library may not be available for selection.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Application: Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration

Method: Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.spListTreeNode a(System.Xml.XmlNode, Scinaptic.OnePlaceMail.API.ClientIntegration.spListTreeNode)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OnePlaceMail Grouped by Date view

We have a document library used to file meeting papers which are tagged by meeting name and date of meeting. The information type for the date of meeting column is 'Date and Time' with the format of the field set to 'Date Only'. The default view for the library groups the files by meeting name and then by date of meeting.

When files are uploaded to this library using OnePlaceMail, they are not only tagged by the specified date but also by the time that the file was uploaded. This is problematic as it affects the default grouped view. Files…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The selected location is currently unavailable

I have the same issue discussed in two other threads by this name:

http://community.oneplacesolutions.com/oneplacemail/topics/theselectedlocationiscurrently_unavailable-alcdz

http://community.oneplacesolutions.com/oneplacemail/topics/theselectedlocationiscurrently_unavailable

The message is displayed as soon as the OnePlace Mail window opens after we opt to move or copy an email to SharePoint- no fodlers or libraries are clicked before the message appears. The message is the same for all sites and libraries. Upload to all of these locations worked when we were using the trial version.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Per advice on the referenced threads I have attempted to rename…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Being Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OnePlaceMail (Desktop)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base